Each factor below is likely to be considered for each part of the triangle.
Ability to reach a district
Access, conditioned on time to get to a district if it is determined that it is safe to travel to the district
- Based on infrastructure, road conditions
- Cost of access, in terms of staff time, fuel, storage, etc
- Availability of primary and secondary support staff
- Is a car/truck suitable for access? or is a plane or helicopter needed?
Access, conditioned on security and conflict
- Are the districts in a area currently controlled by a non-government groups (in this case, Al-Shabob)
- To travel to the district, do you need to travel through a conflict zone
- How much would the needed security cost to make this trip?
Current projets & infra-structure
Existence of current project
- Are there projects in the district that is addressing a similar or the same issue?
- How long will these projects continue? It is important to know if these projects continue in the next few months - during the potential impacts on the populations
Existence of current infrastructure
- Are there existing water catchments (burkhads) in the districts?
- Are there other water storage apparatus in the districts?
- Is the status of these known?
Community perceptions of trust and need
- Are the populations in these districts open to receiving aid?
- If these communities were reach previously, what was their response?
- Is this an area of a minority group? This could mean that they have less access to capital and safety nets than other groups.
- How many people in a district have connection to diaspora funding?
- Are nearby districts areas where people are being displaced from? Is there a potential that a certain district may need to support these displaced people?
- Have people in a district recently retuned home from being displaced? What is the last date of displacement? Maybe groups that are recently returned (2 years?) are more vulnerable
- How have the last 3-4 seasons performed? It takes a few good seasons to bounce back. Even if the last season was ok, maybe the situation has not improved and some people are more fragile